On Wednesday, a new anti-carpet spray that can kill cats in a matter of minutes was discovered in a California landfill, but it’s more toxic than you think.
The “Carpetspray” is made up of a chemical called 1,2-D-2,4-methylenedioxyamphetamine, or MDMA.
It is used in the recreational drug ecstasy, as well as in many other drugs.
It’s also the ingredient in the drug GHB, a recreational drug often referred to as “methamphetamine” that’s often mixed with marijuana.
“This chemical can be lethal if ingested or inhaled, and even when used in a controlled manner.
It can be injected, smoked, snorted, or even swallowed,” the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) warns on its website.
“It can be absorbed through the skin and can cause serious side effects, including nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, fever, and abdominal pain.”
The chemicals found in the new “Carspray,” as well the chemical found in it, are not new.
“Cats are highly sensitive to the chemicals, so the new drug is not surprising.
But, in fact, the new chemical found is much more toxic, as it can kill animals in about a minute,” the report continues.”
Cats ingest the drug orally, but when it enters the bloodstream, it gets converted to 1,3-dimethyl-2-piperidine, or DM2P, which is then excreted in the urine.
The body then converts the remaining compound to another compound called methylenedioamphetamine, also known as methylamphetamine, which it can use to get high,” the CDC explains.
“The drug is also highly toxic to mammals, which can result in death within hours.”
The CDC recommends people not give the new spray to cats, pets, or small children.
“We do not recommend it for pets, because it is more toxic and can be fatal,” the agency states.
“There is also no evidence that it is effective for cats or small dogs.
But people with pets should avoid cats, because they are more susceptible to it,” it continues.
There is no known connection between the new pill and the deaths of cats, dogs, or other animals.
However, the chemical could cause more harm to humans, because the CDC recommends that people should wash their hands after touching their cat or dog, as the new substance can be inhaled.
“You should wash your hands after handling your cat or other animal and then rinse them with warm water.
If your cat has been exposed to the new material, contact your veterinarian to make sure the animal is safe to keep,” the statement continues.
While the “Cordspray”, which is sold by pet supply chain PetSmart, claims it is 100 percent safe, the CDC notes that the company’s website states it is not 100 percent effective.
“In addition, it is a highly toxic substance, and it is impossible to eliminate all of the chemicals from it without killing animals.
The most effective way to reduce its toxicity is to wash your cats and dogs before and after handling them, which would reduce the chance of accidental ingestion,” the center explains.
The CDC also notes that there are concerns about the product’s safety in children and pets.
“A recent study of cats and dog litter samples from the New Jersey landfill, published in Environmental Science and Technology, found traces of DM2PA in almost all samples,” the website notes.
“Additionally, a small number of dogs and cats that were euthanized in this study also had traces of the chemical.”
The FDA does not regulate the use of drugs in humans.